Skip to content
- The Foundry is a community asset and its mission is to be of service to the community
- Particular attention is needed to ensure that surrounding residents in East Cambridge see the Foundry as a warm, welcoming and valued neighborhood resource.
- Participatory programming that draws on Cambridge’s history and the cultural capital of its residents will support inclusion and engagement of diverse audiences.
- Programming is to focus on STEM and the arts for residents of all ages with an emphasis on youth and senior engagement, with a particular emphasis on under-represented, lower income households
- The Foundry is one of many spaces in Cambridge that supports STEAM, and the unique contribution that can be made in the space needs to intersect with opportunities in other spaces
- Residents’ workforce development needs must be supported, and will benefit from partnerships with STEAM professionals in the neighboring Kendall Square area
- A viable economic model must accompany the use of space to ensure that the Foundry is self-sustaining